East Street Baptist Church Privacy Notice
How East Street Baptist Church (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law regarding data sharing. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. We will contact you annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact Rob Wright.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact Rob Wright.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please use the details on the right of this page (or at the bottom if you are using a mobile device) to contact Rob Wright.
Data Protection Complaints Process
We take your privacy concerns seriously. If you have any concerns about the way your information is being handled, please contact Rob Wright without delay. Rob Wright can be contacted using the details on the right of this page (or at the bottom if you are using a mobile device).
We will carefully investigate and review all complaints and take appropriate action in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation and the outcome. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Any complaint received by us must be referred to Rob Wright who will arrange for an investigation as follows:
- A record will be made of the details of the complaint.
- Consideration will be given as to whether the circumstances amount to a breach of Data Protection Legislation and action taken in accordance with the Data Breach Procedure.
- The complainant will be kept informed of the progress of the complaint and of the outcome of the investigation.
- At the conclusion of the investigation Rob Wright will reflect on the circumstances and recommend any improvements to systems or procedures.